Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 9 Famous Last Words

I'm writing this post later that usual, but that just gives me more time to reflect on my week. Last week was pretty chill! It was the week after midterms, so most of my classes didn't have any heavy assignments. My midterms went very well! I made an A+ on both molecular lab and colloquium midterms which made my week! Therefore, I decided that I can give myself a break and relax. And relax I did! I watched a new show with one of my good friends, and I also spent a lot of time carving pumpkins. The pumpkin carvings came out awesome! We watched a scary movie (The Vatican) while carving pumpkins which probably wasn't the best idea to be scared and handle knives. It's okay though because we survived!

Pumpkin carvings of a skeleton, Tinkerbell, a heart, and Haunter (Pokemon). Personal Photo.

On another note, my younger brother's birthday is this coming Wednesday (Oct. 28th), and his birthday gift finally arrived at my house. I ordered him a new Asus Zenfone 2 with a black case. Erik desperately needs a functioning phone so I'm hoping he'll like his new gift.

Moveover, work went well this past weekend, except I'm still upset that no one notified me that I had off on Friday. Friday afternoon I showed up to work as usual just to see that I wasn't even scheduled for that day! Did anyone tell me? NOPE! I worked for 5 hours until I went to check tomorrow's shift and saw that I was supposed to be off. I had so much homework to do that I could've finished with my lab group. Instead, I went to work. I should have been aware of my schedule, but my boss never sent the message out and there is no way for us to check online. Lesson learned.

Overall, I had a nice week with family and friends. Weeks like these remind me of why all my sacrifices will be worth it in the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment