Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Week 7 Growth Mindset

For this week's growth mindset post, I began to explore cartoons and motivators that involved the growth mindset philosophy. I looked through a couple until I stumbled upon an infographic that really spoke to me.

The many faces of ingenuity. Source.

This infographic shows the process of being a genius which involves much more than just intelligence. In fact, intelligence isn't even listed in the graphic. Instead, ingenuity takes inspiration, perspiration, improvisation, aspiration, contemplation, exploration, daily frustrations, imitation, desperation, and pure elation. What I took from this graphic is that everyone who is willing to put in the work and effort to become a genius will be a genius. Every individual on this Earth is more than capable to inspire, contemplate, imitate, and much more. I also liked how the image incorporated the dark side of ingenuity such as frustrations and desperation. In every journey, there will be obstacles, but there is always a solution to overcome any obstacle. Another interesting point of the graphic are the percentages. According to the infographic, genius is 29% perspiration (the most) and 0.1% pure elation (the least). In other words, it takes a lot of work to reach your goal, but I guess that short moment of elation makes it all worth it. I strongly believe that nothing worth having in this world comes easy, and ingenuity is definitely worth having.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole!
    I actually sat here and tried to find intelligence on the inforgraphic because I assumed it would be on there. Or so I thought. But it does speak to me and aftrer I thought about it, it does make a lot of sense in a way. I enjoyed reading your take on this as well. I'll have to do my own mindset post since you inspired me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I have to admit that I really tried rapping this like the song "Remember the Name " by Fort Minor. It didn't work as well as planned...haha! However, I really enjoyed this insight! In a strange way, I was a little happy to see desperation in the mix. Sometimes, it's after the hardest fought battles that we feel the most proud! Thanks for the reminder to keep growing and believing!

    ReplyDelete