Saturday, October 3, 2015

Week 6 Reading Feedback

For this week, I read a chapter from the hard copy of Narayan's Mahabharata.
I had a hard copy from the beginning of the semester since my friend who took this class previously bought all of the books. It was a much harder read for me because I didn't have a reading guide to highlight the main points. Also, I tend to stay awake looking at a computer screen compared to reading an actual book. It must have something to do with the screen lightning, but I always fall asleep when I begin reading a book. With that being said, I struggled to read the book, and eventually had to pull up the reading guide to review what I read. However, reading the book provided more details and more background information on the characters and the plot which I enjoyed. The content that really made an impression on me was the part about the cow raid. That scene really stuck to me for some reason. I think it's because it was about cows. I even wrote my story telling post about the cow raids. To be completely honest, I enjoyed reading Ramayana more than Mahabharata, but that could be because I read more about Ramayana. Perhaps this coming week's assignments will provide a nice review on Mahabharata.

Surya the Sun god.

No comments:

Post a Comment