Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Reading Plan

I decided for my reading plan that I would read stories by woman authors. My focus is mainly on Sister Nivedita. I picked woman authors for several reasons. First off, most of the online versions of books are by woman authors (most of them are by Nivedita). I wanted to learn about Krishna, and I noticed that Nivedita did have a story about the adventures of Krishna. So overall, my preferences for online sources plus a story about Krishna led me to read stories that had woman authors. I think this will be a good idea for me to branch out from a single topic and to analyze how writing style and character portrayal by woman authors.

My schedule will be as follows:

Week 9 - Kishna by Nivedita

Week 10 - Kali the Mother by Nivedita

Week 11 - Shiva by Nivedita

Week 12 - Ideal Indian Women: Savitri, Damayanti, Sati, and Uttara by Sunity Devee

I'm stopping my reading plan at week 12 because I'm sure by that time I will have reach my point goal. I might switch up the order because I'm excited to read Devee's Ideal Indian Women, but I'm conflicted because I would like to know more about Krishna.

An Image of Krishna. Source.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are interested in Sister Nivedita's books, Nicole - super! I just added Kali the Mother today because Brynn was using that for a story and it seemed like others might be interested in that tool. It is going to be so helpful to see what people choose to read this semester so that I can keep on building and improving the online "library" of reading options for next semester too.

    ReplyDelete