Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Week 8 Famous Last Words

Praise the lord I survived my midterm week! I'm not sure how, but I did. I don't even want to think about my grades. Monday was really stressful because I spent the entire day studying for my midterms on Tuesday. After my exams, it's been smooth sailing academically. I don't know where I'm at with my social life. Although I must say that I did spend time with my brothers! That was really cool! I went home early since all my friends were busy with classes and their midterms. The best part was that I hung out with BOTH of my brothers, not just Erik (my younger brother)! It was really nice for all of us to be together again. We had a good talk about several subjects such as transgender, satire, and new movies.Also, I witnessed the process of feeding my snake! I must say that it was brutal. She has to be fed fresh food, and she's still learning how to constrict her prey. It took her a couple of tries, but she finally ate. I'd like to post a photo, but they're really graphic. I don't think too many people would appreciate it.

On a different note, I started reading about Krishna for this week's reading. I have always heard about Krishna, and I know several people named Krishna. So I finally decided to look more into this Krishna character. From what I have read so far, Krishna is like a Hindu Hercules. He's a beast! As a baby, he destroyed two demons just by playing with them. At the age of eight, he also defeated a giant hundred-headed serpent. What's crazy about him is that he plays with his enemies. There isn't an epic battle between Krishna and his enemies. He literally plays with them as if he wasn't in any real danger. Then he kills them without breaking a sweat. In short, Krishna is awesome!

My take on Krishna. A photo of Disney's Hercules. Source.

1 comment:

  1. I liked your explanation of Krishna, I had never thought of him like that before. I actually did not like him in the story because I thought of him as a boastful character because he tricks and plays with people. After reading the story, I remembered him by comparing him to a cat. They like to play with the prey before they finish the job!

    ReplyDelete