Saturday, October 3, 2015

Week 6 Famous Last Words

The worst part is waiting... Every day checking my email and waiting. The first round of med school interviews began the last week of September (for most schools), and I'm just waiting around for a miracle that grants me an interview. I try not to think about it too much, but it's hard not to when everything you have ever worked for leads up to this point. So here I am, just waiting. In the meanwhile, I finally learned the ropes of molecular lab. This class can drive me absolutely crazy sometimes, but I think I have it down. I did well on my past two quizzes, and I did decent on my first writing assignment. Because I'm investing so much time for that class, I have neglected my other classes. This class gives me a break from all the science which is a relief. I have an exam on Monday in another science course, and I haven't started studying yet. That's my fault though. I'm trying to maintain a social life, but that's becoming complicated. Everything requires time. I must sleep. I need to study, but I also need a break. Something that has been bothering is my mom's suggestions to quit my job. She mentioned quitting again this morning because she's afraid that my job requiring too much of a commitment. This is irritating because I found a job because she told me to, and I knew once school started she would want me to quit. I know she just wants what is best for me.

On a happier note, I ran into Kevin Durant last night! My friends and I accidentally took his VIP room at a restaurant. He just walked into the room and all of were so surprised! We were celebrating my friend's birthday so it was a cool gift that he was able to see one of his favorite basketball stars.
Thunder Up! Source.
 

1 comment:

  1. Nicole, I am so positive that you will get an interview soon! You are so smart and intelligent so don't doubt yourself! I watched Beth go through the same thing last year, so I can only imagine how stressed you are. I am glad your doing well in your molecular lab! Your mom defiantly has your best interest, so keep your head up! I can't believe you saw Kevin Durant! That is like the best birthday surprise ever! Good luck with everything Nicole! Praying you get an interview soon!

    ReplyDelete