Saturday, September 5, 2015

Week 2 Growth Mindset

The challenge that I decided to do this week was the writing challenge. I wrote my storytelling week 2 post with different writing style, and I really enjoyed it! I read another peer's writing style, and it was from a first-person perspective. I also read another person's post that incorporated the villain's point of view so I though that was interesting too! I decided to try a bit of both. For my storytelling, I wrote a narrative from the hero's side and from the villain's side. I'm not sure if it is my best writing technique, but it definitely allowed me to be more creative in my writing since I was presenting a plot from two point of views. What I learned from the new writing style was mainly character development. I had to be cautious with my word choice in order for the hero to be perceived as heroic and for the villain to appear malicious. Brainstorming dialogue was the most enjoyable part because it really gave my character life. I realized that adjectives were crucial for portraying my character's thoughts. Overall, I'm glad that I decided to write differently, and I can't wait to explore other writing styles!

Look for opportunity. Source

1 comment:

  1. I read you story telling and thought it was great. It was pretty cool to write It in both perspectives. It made it entertaining and interesting! I think whenever some changes the way they do something or venture out of the box. They always learn something new about themselves or something they like. Keep changing up your style! See what else you can do!

    ReplyDelete