Saturday, September 12, 2015

Growth Mindset Week 3

I recently read a storytelling post that was based of Hanuman's leap. It was my favorite storytelling post because it was about a boy who chased his passion for science which later helped him find a cure for his mother's sickness. The author was inspired by a line in Hanuman's leap which read, ""when he was still a child he had thought the sun to be a fruit growing in the sky, and sprang easily three thousand leagues toward it." I believe that Hanuman really demonstrates a growth mindset because he saw a challenge and pursued it until he was successful. Although other characters bashed on Hanuman and ridiculed him, Hanuman pushed himself until he made his leap. Stories about inspiration really encourage me to continue pursuing my own dreams even though I feel like it would be easier to give up. Class, homework, work, commuting, and other obligations make me want to rip my hair out. Characters like Hanuman are great reminder to never give up on a challenge just because it is difficult. Just like Hanuman and the boy in the story, I can reach my goals too.


Cat running towards its goal! Source

1 comment:

  1. YES!!! And if you are ever doubting yourself, just find someone who can be your Jambavan the Bear, someone who believes in you, who knows the real you, and can help you to grow, if not LITERALLY to grow like Hanuman who found out to his surprise he could grow to a gigantic size. Growing metaphorically is good enough!

    And I was so happy when I saw you picked this cat meme: that is Mrs. Bean again, the cat of a friend of mine who is in today's announcements. I am a Mrs. Bean fan! :-)
    Mrs. Bean looks boldly ahead.

    ReplyDelete