Sunday, September 6, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 2

This week has been a bit hectic. I am still trying to find a balance between school and work. I was a bit behind in this class, so I spent the majority of my time trying to catch up on my assignments. The storybook project really took a lot of my time. That is one thing that I will never do at the last minute. Lesson learned. I tried a new writing technique in my storybook. The introduction to it was mostly dialogue. I have always written stories in a first-person perspective or as a third-person narrative. I was never much of a writer that included dialogue. Therefore, I tried changing it up a bit and did only dialogue for my introduction. At first it was odd because there was no description of the characters or the setting. Then I realized that dialogue helps with character development based on word choice. It was an interesting writing strategy that I might use again.
On another note, my science classes are catching up to me. Molecular lab drains me every Tuesday and Thursday. I don't really have a passion for counting cells, yet my professor expects me to write a whole lab report about it. Pathogenic micro is one of my favorite classes this semester. It's exciting to learn about how parasites and different microorganisms can cause fatal diseases. My professor returned from China finally so now he's teaching the course instead of his TA. No offense to the TA, but I prefer Dr. Lawson to teach. The first exam is coming up! I better start studying soon...
My goals for this week are to get ahead in this class with extra credit and starting my readings early. I would also like to start studying for my pathogenic exam by Tuesday the latest. I need to finish my molecular lab and also finish the reading assignment by Monday. Hopefully, I will be able to finish reading and taking notes of the protest book assigned in my colloquium class. It seems like a lot, but I'm sure I can do it...hopefully.

How college feels right now... Source

No comments:

Post a Comment