Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Favorite Place: Yosemite National Park




A couple years ago, I visited Yosemite National Park with my family, and the experience was unforgettable. As a huge fan of adventure and nature, I was ecstatic to explore Yosemite's hidden wonders. Yosemite was absolutely stunning from sunrise to sunset.                                                                                                   
Yosemite at Sunrise, Source 

 Everything about Yosemite was beautiful from its clear waters to its delicate, golden meadows. The mountains were a challenging hike, but the view from its peak made it worthwhile. However, what made Yosemite really special to me was the remarkable view when one looked up at the night sky.

Star Gazing at Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park. Photo by Nimish Gogri

The night sky glittered with millions of stars as if you stepped into the center of a galaxy. Being from the city, its hard to see any stars, so this view really had an impact on me. I could stay in Yosemite for all my life just looking at the sky and letting all my troubles melt away.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Yosemite really is magical, Nicole, and you found some beautiful pictures to try to convey that magic. Thank you!!! And as you can imagine, mountains and stories about mountains are an important part of the Indian storytelling tradition, what with the Himalayas and all. One of the most famous mountains is Mount Kailash, home of the god Shiva. You'll be seeing lots of references to that in the readings for class... and it has a wonderful article at Wikipedia with pictures and information about how it is a sacred mountain for Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, and also in the Bon religion of Tibet.
    Mount Kailash

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely made me want to visit Yosemite! That night sky is what got me. My family owns a ranch in Texas, and my favorite part is the sunsets and the night sky. If I am ever on vacation, I have to stay the night just so I can say I’ve seen the evening sky from every corner of the world. The Grand Canyon is definitely one of my favorite places for just that reason!

    ReplyDelete