Saturday, August 29, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 1

I have really enjoyed my assignments in this class so far. Honestly, I have never been in a class that was structured like this one. Although there are guidelines, I am able to be myself and write how I want to write. I miss writing, and this class really brought it back to me. Any writing that I have to do in my other classes have to be scientific and..well.. dull. Don't get me wrong. Science is a remarkable discipline, but sometimes writing 30 pages about an enzyme can be such a drag. One thing that I didn't expect was the time it takes for me to publish a post. I take my dear sweet time trying to make my post interesting and making sure I carefully proofread, but before I know it, a couple of hours have already past! I really have to focus on my time management with this class. Since I enjoy these homework assignments more than writing my lab reports, I try to finish the homework for this class first. That tends to hinder me because I spend way too much time on this class and not enough time on my science courses. Another aspect that I like about this class is that I can read other people's writing. Therefore, I am able to connect to other people and share ideas with them. It's interesting to meet people with all sorts of majors and backgrounds. My honors professor once told me to take advantage of college because it is the one place where I can immerse myself with a diverse group of people. I always keep that in mind when I read other blogs.

In short, I think this class is too much fun! I can't wait to see what other projects or stories that we will be assigned. Hopefully by that time, I would already have the hang of limiting my time spent on these blogs!

Yoda is so wise. Source: Chuckles Network

No comments:

Post a Comment